Rooibos Chai crusted porkloin with balsamic-plum-risotto
This recipe is inspired by a dish we had on the menu in our restaurant back in Europe. The pork does particularly well in the apple marinade. You can try using different cuts or leave away the Rooibos crust. Key is to marinate the meat for at least 24 hours. Serves 4 2 pork loins (app. 350 gr. each) ½ cup Soya sauce ½ cup apple juice 5 tbs. honey 5 tbs. Rooibos Chai 1 tsp. salt 1 tsp. black peppercorns
- Mix the apple juice, Soya sauce and honey. (Using a hand mixer makes it easier to dissolve the honey.)
- Place the loins in a container and cover them with the marinade. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Combine the Rooibos Chai, salt and pepper in a spice grinder and grind for 20 seconds. Sift this mixture through a colander removing only the cardamom shells.
- Pad the pork loins dry and roll them in the spices, pressing the spice mixture on.
- Pre heat the oven to 200 C. Sear the pork loins in an oven proof skilled from all sides.
- Place skillet in the oven for 15 min.
- Take the loins out, let them rest for 3 min. and carve in to ½ slices.