Seared tuna, Rösti potatoes, rooibos-pepper sauce
There are few potato dishes so satisfying as Rösti. When topped with
blue rare tuna and the delicious rooibos-pepper sauce, it is magic.
6-7 medium, potatoes
50 gr. butter
1 tsp. salt
- Peel potatoes and boil until semi soft. There should still be some resistance, when piercing the potatoes with a knife.
- Drain water and set potatoes aside to cool.
- Grate the potatoes through a coarse grater. Heat canola oil in a non-stick frying pan until it starts to smoke. Distribute grated potatoes evenly in the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Add 4 cubes of butter around the edges and ensure that the Rösti does not stick. If you are comfortable to flip the Rösti with one swift movement, do so. If not, place a large plate over the pan and flip the rösti on to the plate.
- Return to the pan with the uncooked side down and fry over medium heat for another 5 min, adding another 4 cubes of butter around the edges.