4 Veal chops
Juice of 4 limes
6 tbs. Soya sauce
Salt and pepper
1 bunch of sage
1 clove of garlic
- Place limejuice, garlic, soya sauce and half of the sage in a blender and puree. Reserve the other half of the sage for garnish.
- Pour the marinade over the veal chops and marinade for 1 hour, turning several times.
- Pre heat the oven to 200 C. Heat a little canola oil in an ovenproof pan or skillet until it starts to smoke. Pad dry the chops, salt and pepper them liberally and fry for 3min. from each side, place pan in the oven and bake for appr. 10 min. depending on the thickness of the chop.
- Remove pan from the oven and place back on the stove. Remove the chops and de glaze the pan with the marinade.
- Set the veal chop on top of the mashed potatoes, drizzle with the jus and garnish with sage.
- You can also grill the chops. In this case, just heat up the marinade in a separate pot and drizzle it over the veal.